As important as breakfast is, most times it could come with stress and indecision. If that has been your case, never mind I was in your shoes until I decided to come up with this nice meal, very perfect for breakfast or as a snack during picnic. If u feel like preparing something special…this is it! Plantain pizza/egg frittata is one of the most delicious breakfast ideas and very simple to prepare.
HOW TO PREPARE PLANTAIN PIZZA/EGG FRITTATA
Ingredients for plantain pizza/ egg frittata include;
- 2 large/medium sized ripe plantain.
- Small cuts of fried meat or chicken or sausages.
- 5 eggs
- 3 medium tomatoes
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 green bell peppers
- 1 medium onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 seasoning cube
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- Salt to taste
- Groundnut oil
Steps on How to Prepare Plantain and Egg Frittata
- Peel and dice plantain into tiny round shapes and sprinkle with salt.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the plantain until they are golden or brown; drain from the oil and set aside.
- Place an empty pan on a stove, add about 2 tablespoons of cooking oil to it, add onions and garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the fried meat and stir fry for few minutes, followed with bell peppers.
- Season with curry, thyme, dry pepper, 1 stock cube and a pinch of salt to taste. Beat eggs in another bowl, transfer the content in the frying pan into the egg. ( should be done when contents are cool)
- Place an empty pan on the stove, smear or rub melted butter or oil to coat the inside of the pan…
- Then pour in the contents into d frying pan and add the already fried plantains by placing them on top of the egg mixture till it covers the whole pan.
Leave a little spot in the middle where u add a little bell peppers to give it a beautiful look. Make sure u cover the pan with its cover or if you don’t have a lid, use a foil for that.
- Cook on a low heat for complete 20-25 minutes… As at then, do not in any way open the lid till the cooking is done.
- Allow to cool and boom, your fritatta is ever ready to be ‘yummied’ by family!
Serve with chilled fruit juice or yogurt or Tea/coffee.
This particular breakfast or snack has a lot of nutritious value it renders our system.
- The content of the egg alone gives us an additional energy and repairs worn out tissues.
- There’s abundance of vitamins and minerals present in the vegetables and seasonings, which helps in the build up of our immune system to fight diseases and infections.
- There’s a little fat that smooths our skin and makes it ravishing and ever glowing.
- The peppers help a lot in the stimulation of appetite…no more hearing of “I don’t have appetite mummy”
Give it a try TODAY and you’d be glad you did!!!
Written by Nwoye Chukwunyere(Bella)
Bella is a writer,cook, food enthusiast and a 5th year Veterinary Medicine student. She has over 5 years experience in professional cooking.