Nigeria has been hit by several air crash over the years, both minor major ones. These, over the years have led to loss of lives and properties
But let’s focus on the 10 most tragic air crash that have hit the country over the years
1. On November 20, 1969, 87 people died when a Vickers VC-10 Airplane crashed in Lagos.
2. On January 22, 1973, 176 lives were lost when a Boeing 707 chartered by Nigeria Airways to fly pilgrims from Jeddah back to Lagos crashed in Kano.
3. On July 11, 1991, 261 people died after a McDonnell-Douglas DC-8 aircraft flying pilgrims to Sokoto crashed in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
4. On September 26, 1992, 158 people died after Lockheed C-130H Hercules crashed near Lagos.
5. On November 7, 1996, 144 people died after a Boeing 727 took off from Port Harcourt to Lagos and crashed in Ejirin in Epe.
6. On May 4, 2002, 72 people died after a BAC One-Eleven jet flying from Jos to Lagos via Kano crashed moments after take-off.
7. On October 22, 2005, 117 people died after a Boeing 737 operated by Bellview Airline crashed near Lagos.
8. On December 10, 2005, 108 people died after a McDonell-Douglas operated by Sossoliso Airlines crashed while landing at the Port Harcourt airport.
9. On October 29, 2006, 97 people died after a Boeing 737 operated by ADC Airlines crashed near Abuja airport.
10. On June 3, 2012, 153 people died when a McDonnell Douglas MD-83 passenger plane operated by Dana Airlines crashed in Lagos.